75g textured vegetable protein (TVP)
1/4 cup Naturally brewed Gluten Free Soy Sauce
1 packed tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
3 tsp corn starch
1/2 cup water
1 brown onion, peeled and thinly sliced
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 large red capsicum, thinly sliced
1 large green capsicum, thinly sliced
Salt, to taste
Kikkoman sauce used in this recipe
4 Cook time
10mins Prep time
Black Pepper Stir fry
- To prepare the TVP, put into a bowl and pour boiling water over to cover. Set aside for 5-10 minutes until reconstituted.
- In the meantime, add the soy sauce, brown sugar, black pepper, corn starch and water into a bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- Add a splash of oil into a frypan heat over medium high heat. Add in the onion and fry for 1 minute. Add in the garlic, red capsicum and green capsicum and fry for another minute. Add in 1/4 cup water and cook until all of the water has evaporated and capsicum has slightly softened.
- Add in the TVP and prepared sauce (whisk before adding to pan) and cook for 2-3 minutes until sauce has thickened. Taste and add in some salt if necessary.
- Serve with white rice. Garish with green onion and sesame seeds. Serve immediately while hot!