- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 200g firm tofu, diced
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen peas
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen corn
- 4 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 2.5 tbsp Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/8 tsp ground white pepper, to taste
- 3 stalks green onions, finely sliced
Kikkoman sauce used in this recipe
20 min Serves
3 Cook time
10min Prep time
Teriyaki Fried Rice
Looking for a quick, easy and delicious meal to make? SAVE this one because it’s a must try!! My top tip for making good fried rice is to use chilled/cold day old rice! Warm fresh rice is too soft and you will end up with a clumpy, sticky mess. That being said… if you have any leftover rice sitting in your fridge, go and make this recipe ASAP.
- Heat the oil in a large frypan or wok over high heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrot and tofu and fry for 5 minutes or until tofu is golden and carrot has softened.
- Add the peas and corn and fry for 1 minute, until heated through.
- Add the rice and fry for 2 minutes, tossing well until ingredients are well-combined. Use a wooden spoon to help break up the rice, if necessary.
- Season with Teriyaki Sauce and pepper and toss until all of the rice is coated. Taste and add in more sauce or a pinch of salt, if necessary. In the last 30 seconds of cooking, add the green onions and stir to combine.
- Garnish with extra green onions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately while hot!
Recipe by @thrivingonplants