- 600g chicken stir fry strips
- 3/4 cup (185mL) Chinese cooking wine or dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons (60mL) Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
- 3 tablespoons (60mL) vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm (15g) fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 yellow capsicum, seeded and cut into thin slices lengthways
- 350g mixed mushrooms, such as shiitake, Swiss browns, shimeji, button or oyster
- 200g snow peas, trimmed and halved lengthways)
- Spring (green) onions, thinly sliced, to serve
- Coriander leaves, sliced chilli and steamed rice, to serve
Kikkoman sauce used in this recipe
20min Cook time
5min Prep time
Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry with Mixed Mushrooms & Snow Peas
- Place chicken, cooking wine or white wine, sesame oil and Teriyaki Marinade in a bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok over medium high heat. Add garlic and ginger and stir fry for about 10 seconds, taking care not to burn.
- Add red onion and capsicum and stir fry for about 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook until just tender. Transfer mushroom mixture to a plate.
- Drain chicken (reserve marinade) and stir fry with the snow peas for about 1 minute or until chicken is cooked.
- Return the mushroom mixture to the wok with the reserved marinade, and toss to combine, making sure all ingredients are well coated with the marinade.
- Serve in individual bowls, scattered with spring onion, sliced chilli and coriander leaves. Serve rice separately.
Variation: substitute Kikkoman Honey & Soy Marinade & Sauce if desired
Variation: substitute pork stir fry strips if desired.
Tip: It’s important not to over-cook the vegetables. They should be tender, but still crisp. This adds texture as well as colour to the dish.