1 Eggplant (Aubergine)
2 Tbsp Miso Paste
1 Tbsp Sesame seeds
2 tbs Kikkoman Soy
1 Tbsp Mirin
2 Tbsp Sake
1 serve of soba noodles
1/4 cup fresh coriander and mint
Kikkoman sauce used in this recipe
2 Cook time
25mins Prep time
- First slice your eggplant in half then cut a deep chris-cross in the fresh on the eggplant.
- On a hot pan sear the eggplant flat side down until golden and nicely caramelized.
- To make the Miso glaze combine Miso paste, sesame seed, mirin, and sake into a bowl and mix. Spoon this over your eggplant making sure the glaze penetrates between the earlier cuts.
- Place the eggplant in the baking tray and bake in the preheat oven at 180C for 20 minutes (time will vary depending on how big your eggplant is).
- For the last 10 minutes pour the Kikkoman Soy onto the eggplant and finish baking.
- For our salad cook soba noodles as directed on the package, segment an orange, finely slice your radishes (use a Japanese mandolin if you have one) and pick a handful of mint and coriander.
- Plant your eggplant with salad on top.
See how to make this dish