- 300g cooked, peeled taro*
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1kg glutinous rice flour*
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 400g lean minced pork
- 1 cup finely shredded Chinese cabbage (wombok)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. Kikkoman Naturally Brewed gluten-free soy sauce**
- 3cm-piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 80mL (1/3 cup) Kikkoman Naturally Brewed gluten-free soy sauce**
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 red birds-eye chilli, chopped
Kikkoman sauce used in this recipe
1hr Cook time
15min Prep time
Gluten-Free Pork Gyoza
- To make the wrappers, process taro in a food processor with 1 tbsp. salt and baking powder. With the motor running, add a little water, then a little flour. Repeat, alternating with water and flour until you have used 500mLs of water and all the flour, and mixture forms a dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes or until smooth. Rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface until 2mm thick. Using a 7cm round cutter, cut the wrappers into 20 rounds.
- To make the pork filling, combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Spoon 1 teaspoonful of the filling into the centre of each wrapper. Brush edges with water and fold wrappers over filling, pressing edges together to seal.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium_high and cook half the gyozas for 1 minute or until bases are browned.
- Add 125mL hot water, cover and cook for 4 minutes, adding more water, if necessary.
- Remove from heat. Uncover and stand for 1 minute or until gyozas come away from pan easily. Repeat with remaining oil and gyozas.
- Meanwhile, to make dipping sauce, place all ingredients into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Serve gyozas with dipping sauce on the side.
*Available from Asian food shops. An alternative to making the wrappers it to buy them pre-made from Asian Grocery.
**Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce can be used as an alternative to Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Gluten Free Soy Sauce