- 5 single chicken breasts fillets, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1/2 cup Kikkoman Honey Soy Marinade and Stir Fry Sauce
- 2 cups dried apricots
- 2 red capsicum, cut into 2.5 cm squares
- Extra Kikkoman Honey Soy Marinade and Stir Fry Sauce
Kikkoman sauce used in this recipe
1hr 45mins Cook time
25mins Prep time
Barbecue Chicken & Apricot Skewers
- Place chicken in a flat non-metallic dish. Pour over Honey Soy Marinade, place in refrigerator and marinate for 1 hour, turning once.
- Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry with paper towels to prevent burning. Discard marinade.
- Thread chicken, apricots and capsicum alternately on 1 skewer. Repeat to make 12 skewers. Preheat barbecue grill on medium heat. Cook skewers for about 3-4 minutes each side or until chicken is cooked through, basting from time to time with the extra marinade.
- Serve immediately.
Note: do not baste the chicken with the sauce it was marinated in. Raw chicken can contain harmful bacteria.
As an alternative, you can marinate the chicken in Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Stir Fry Sauce, Or Kikkoman Japanese BBQ marinade & Stir Fry Sauce.