For the Salad:
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, seeded and finely diced
- 2 spring (green) onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 long mild red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons (40mL) coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons (40mL) lime juice
- 1 tablespoon (20mL) Kikkoman Less Salt Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons (10mL) fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 24 small cooked prawns, shelled
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Lime wedges
- Extra coriander leaves (chopped)
Kikkoman sauce used in this recipe
25min Prep time
Mini Thai Prawn Salads with Coconut Dressing
- To make the dressing, place coconut cream, lime juice, Less Salt Soy Sauce, fish sauce and sugar in a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- To prepare the mini salad, combine cucumber, green onions, chilli and coriander in a bowl. Just before serving, add dressing to cucumber mixture and stir gently to combine.
- To serve, place 2 teaspoons salad mixture in each spoon. Top with 1 prawn. Sprinkle with peanuts, and top with extra coriander leaves. Serve with lime wedges.
*Dressing can be made the day before and refrigerated until needed.
**Salad ingredients can be prepared in the morning, covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated until needed.