Teriyaki Glazed Beef Burgers
- 800gm coarsely minced beef
- 40ml Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 20ml vegetable oil
- 100ml Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Stir Fry Sauce
- 4 burger buns, halved, cut-sides toasted
- Coarsely torn baby cos lettuce leaves, mayonnaise and Sriracha to serve
Ginger Cucumber Pickles
- 120ml rice vinegar
- 40g caster sugar
- 2 tsp. finely grated ginger
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced on a mandolin into rounds
- Combine beef, Kikkoman Soy Sauce, spring onion, garlic and egg yolk in a bowl, season to taste and mix with your hands to combine well.
- Form into 4 even patties, flattening in the centre, then refrigerate to rest (30 minutes).
- In a saucepan, reduce down the 100ml Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce by half.
- Make the quick ginger cucumber pickles. Drain before using.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat or pre-heat a BBQ flat plate and brush with oil, add burger patties and cook until browned (1-2 minutes).
- Turn and cook brushing generously with the reduced Kikkoman Teriyaki sauce until just cooked through and glazed (1-2 minutes).
- To serve, spread burger bun bases with mayonnaise to taste, top each with a burger patty, then sriracha, cucumber pickles, extra spring onions and lettuce, sandwich with bun tops and serve hot.
- For quick ginger cucumber pickles, stir vinegar, sugar, ginger and 50ml water in a saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves, bring to the boil; add cucumber and stir to combine.
- Transfer to a container and refrigerate until chilled.
- Drain before using.