Kikkoman Tempura & Noodle Sauce is found in the Asian Food section of Woolworths supermarkets.
Tempura Udon Noodles
Use Kikkoman Tempura & Noodle Sauce, a versatile seasoning used as a soup or sauce base for many Japanese dishes.
- Udon Noodle: 1serve
- Kikkoman Tempura & Noodle Sauce: 50ml
- Hot water: 350ml
- 2pc raw tiger prawns, trimmed & tail on
- Spring onions or seaweed to garnish
- Tempura Batter:
- Plain white flour: 100g
- Baking powder: 5g
- Ice cubes: 2pc
- Water: 100ml
- Oil for deep-frying as needed
- Gently combine the ingredients of tempura batter together (there should still be some lumps).
- Heat oil for frying. It’s hot enough when a drop of batter sinks to the bottom and then immediately rises to the surface. Dip the prawn into the tempura batter to coat and deep fry until cooked.
- To make the soup add Kikkoman Tempura & Noodle Sauce to hot water.
- Cook the udon noodles in boiling water until tender. Drain & add to the soup bowl.
- Pour over the soup & add the tempura.