Roasted Salmon with Crispy Soy Skin plus Cucumber and Macadamia Salad
¼ cup lime juice
¼ cup rice vinegar
¼ cup castor sugar
2 teaspoons Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
6 small cucumbers, shaved
Salmon fillets, skin on
1 tablespoon Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 red chilli, finely chopped
Handful finely chopped coriander
½ cup roasted macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
Micro herbs sprigs for garnish
1. For the dressing, whisk the lime juice, rice vinegar, castor sugar and Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce in a bowl until the sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
2. Chill the cucumber.
3. Pat the salmon fillets so they are very dry then rub the Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce into the salmon skin.
4. Heat the oven to 180°C.
5. On the stove heat an oven proof pan, large enough to lay the salmon in flat, over high heat. Lay the salmon in the pan skin side down and sear for 2 minutes. When hot add the olive oil and swirl to cover the base. To stop the fillets curling, press down on them with the back of an egg slice to keep the skin in contact with
6. As soon as the 2 minutes are up, put the pan in the oven for 5 minutes. Once ready remove from pan, being careful because the handle will be red hot. Slice crosswise in half.
7. Just before you start serving, mix the chilli, coriander and some macadamia nuts with the cucumber, toss with the dressing and scoop onto plates. Top with the salmon and sprinkle with remaining macadamias and micro herbs.