Rich Tomato & Soy Spaghetti Bolognese
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
500g beef mince
250g bacon, finely chopped
2 beef stock cubes, crumbled
140g tomato paste
1¼ cup red wine
400g can cherry tomatoes
Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
Parmesan, shaved, to serve
Fresh oregano sprigs to serve
1. For the bolognese sauce, heat oil in a large fry pan over medium heat. Add onion, celery and carrot and cook, stirring occasionally until softened. Stir in garlic, Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce and beef. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes
or until browned.
2. Add bacon, and cook, while stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in stock cubes and reduce heat to low.
3. Add tomato paste, and cook, stirring constantly, for a couple of minutes. Pour in wine and bring to the boil, add tomatoes then reduce to a simmer.
4. While the sauce is simmering, bring a large saucepan of boiling water to the boil, add pasta and cook according to packet instructions.
5. Drain pasta, place in serving bowls, and top with bolognese sauce. Serve drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil and scattered with parmesan and herbs.