Osso Bucco with Coriander Gremolata
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1.5kg beef Osso Bucco cuts
- 2 large brown onions, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into thick chunks
- 3 large cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 star anise
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1L beef or vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp Kikkoman Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp black vinegar
- 1 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tsp Kikkoman Tamari Soy Sauce
Pearl cous cous, cooked per packet instructions.
- Heat oil in a large and heavy ovenproof pan or casserole dish. Brown beef cuts on both sides until browned. Cook in batches and set pieces aside.
- In same pan, place onions, carrots and garlic and cook until onion has softened. Return beef to the pan and add the remaining ingredients. The beef should be covered with the liquid, if not, add a bit more stock to cover. Place lid on pan or cover tightly with foil.
- Bake in a pre-heated 170 deg C oven for 2 hours or until beef is very tender.
- Meanwhile, to make the gremolata, place all of the ingredients into a small bowl and combine well. Set aside until ready to serve.
- To serve, place cooked meat on platter and sprinkle with the gremolata. Serve with a bowl of cous cous, extra gremolata and a jug of the pan juices