Hoso-maki-zushi (small sushi rolls)
- 7cm piece daikon
- 3 sheets yaki-nori (seaweed)
- 1 medium bowl filled with tap water and 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 cups prepared sushi rice
- 2 teaspoons wasabi
- 100g sashimi salmon, cut into 1cm thick strips
- 1/2 Lebanese or telegraph cucumber, deseeded, cut into 15mm strips
- 2 tablespoons gari (pink pickled ginger)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Kikkoman Soy Sauce
Peel daikon and finely shred on a mandolin. Place daikon in a bowl of water and leave to soak and become crisp while making the sushi. Drain well before use.
Fold nori sheets in half lengthways, parallel with lines marked on the rough side of the nori. Cut along the fold. Keep nori covered and dry while making sushi.