Chicken Yakitori Skewers
makes 12 skewers
Chicken and Marinade
- 800g chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into small cubes
- 50ml Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 50ml Kikkoman Honey & Soy Marinade & Stir Fry Sauce
- 2tbsp mirin
- 4 spring onions, cut into 4cm lengths
- 100g shiitake mushrooms, stems trimmed and cut in half
- 12 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least 20 minutes
- Spray oil for grilling
- 2 limes, cut in wedges to serve
- Place chicken, soy sauce, marinade & stir fry sauce and mirin in a large zip lock bag. Seal and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- To assemble the skewers, thread the chicken, mushrooms and spring onions onto the soaked skewers, alternating ingredients.
- Heat a grill plate on medium heat. Spray skewers with the oil and grill for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the chicken has cooked through.
- To serve place skewers and limes on a serving platter.