Bangers and Mash with Caramelised Onion Gravy
This bistro favourite is made even tastier with the addition of Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce to the gravy and spinach, providing a subtle richness to the dish without overpowering it with salt.
- 8 thick pork sausages
- 50mls extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bunches English spinach, washed and trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 20ml Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
Creamy Mashed Potato
- 1kg Sebago potatoes, roughly diced
- 125mls milk, heated
- 75g butter, cut into cubes
- 45mls olive oil
- 25g salted butter, roughly diced
- 30g brown onion, finely sliced
- 80ml Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 250ml chicken stock
- 10g hot English mustard
- 60mls cup white wine
- 65g cup plain flour, sifted
- Prepare the mashed potato with butter and hot milk and beat until fluffy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook onions in olive oil for 10 minutes or until soft and golden. Add Kikkoman Soy Sauce and continue cooking until caramelized. Add flour to form a roux base then gradually add chicken stock, mustard and wine to thicken.
- Brush sausages with oil and grill.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil over medium/high heat and saut_ spinach with thinly sliced garlic and Kikkoman Soy Sauce until soft.
- Serve sausages with mash, saut_ed spinach and top with onion gravy.